A leadership career at Manulife
Designed to build future leaders, this program is a unique opportunity for success-driven high performers to build careers with us. Highly selective and carefully structured, it offers a series of real job opportunities throughout the organization, strengthening the key capabilities you need to be an effective leader.
You’ll do your first placement in Product & Marketing, Operations, Distribution, Asset Management or Finance. The placement and its duration depend on your development needs and the needs of the business. First placements are located in one of our Divisional headquarters; Toronto, Waterloo, Boston or Hong Kong. Subsequent placements can be at any one of our operations in Canada, US or Asia based on the development needs of the participant and the placement opportunities available.
Throughout the program there you’ll get continuous opportunities to learn and evaluate your progress against our Leadership Success Profile. You’ll have regular performance and development assessments, feedback from managers and valuable insights from your assigned mentor.
Is the LDP right for you?
- You want to build a leadership career in a large financial organization
- You want to manage/coach/mentor others
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You’re energized by taking on assignments that take you out of your comfort zone
- You’re interested in working in different countries and/or cities
Candidates need to have these qualifications:
- 3–5 years of work experience (ideally in Financial Services, Product Management, Operations, Asset Management, Risk Management or Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Previous leadership experience managing projects or people
- The desire to make an impact in a global organization
- Strong academic performance
- Completion of an MBA by June of the same year
How do I apply?
Recruiting takes place in the fall. Manulife visits campuses across North America. Visit your university career website for all active postings.